For those businesses who are looking to expand or have simply outgrown their office space, it may be time to look for a new home for your business. We have put some simple tips together that can help you find the right office location…
1. What are your business needs?
Finding out exactly what your business needs are before moving, this will help you find the appropriate space for your business.
Consider these points:
- What stationary and equipment do you need?
- Do the existing utilities meet your requirements?
- Are you looking to expand your business in the future or stay with the same number of employees?
- How much space do you need to accommodate each employee?
- Do you need an office that has space for meeting/training rooms?
- Do you need furniture?
Thinking about these points beforehand will only make the relocation run smoothly and save you time.
When it comes to location, you need somewhere that makes your business stand out, look professional and is easy for everyone to get to. You should base your decision on these points:
- What image do you want your business to portray?
- Is the location easily accessible to yourself, your employees and customers/clients?
- Do you think the new location will attract new customers/clients?
- If employees don’t travel by car, is the location close to public transport?
- Is the location close to your competitors? Being close to your competitors may mean they have already got a lot of your new potential customers/clients in that area.
- Are there amenities nearby for lunch breaks?
- If employees do travel by car, is there parking available?
3. Redesigning the space
If you have found a location you really like, but the office layout isn’t quite how you would like it. A new office design will help you get the office you want, in the location you want. Think about what things would you like to change or add to the office:
- What sort of rooms/spaces do you need?
- Consider windows/lighting placement
- If wanted, where will air conditioning, heating and ventilation be located?
- Think branding, colour is important!
This is what it all comes down too… in every office design you can go as crazy as you want but do you really have the budgets for it. Before going ahead with any work, it is important that you have set a budget aside so you know what you’re working with. Office Changes will help you create the space you desire whether it be big or small within your budget. We also offer flexible finance and payment plans. With financing options to spread the cost of your project over a number of years, you can then shrink your initial outlay, stretch your budget and meet your business goals sooner.
Money saving tip:
A great way to save yourself money is to use an area for multiple reasons. For example; instead of having designated meeting rooms, create a soft seating area that can be used for both meetings and for people to chat when they’re taking a break.